Supports Savers / Value Village vision by operating a forklift to safely handle inbound goods and material delivered to the Distribution Center and for the efficient loading of outbound material for domestic and international customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of Provincial and Savers / Value Village safety regulations and requirements
· Demonstrated organization skills
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Ability to operate a forklift
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
· Ability to multi-task several incoming and outgoing truck loads at any one given time
· Ability to create receiving logs and load sheets
· Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
· Ability to be detailed-oriented
· Ability to work within Savers / Value Village culture
Essential Job Functions:
· Loads and unloads trailers according to Supervisors direction and Sales departments standards
· Stacks boxes and or recyclables on pallets for weight verification
· Maintain shipment logs for outbound freight that is legible, up to date and accurate
· Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk ways are clean and free from debris.
· Checks forklifts to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers / Value Village policies and Ontario Provincial Standards.
· Ability to follow and work within all company safety and operational guidelines including safely operating forklift in close proximity to fellow TM’s and building obstacles.
· Ability to operate a standard forklift and a forklift with a hydraulic squeeze clamp unit
· Working knowledge of recycling production standards for product grading, sorting and processing.
Ability to operate forklift for the shipping/receiving and shoe departments on short or emergency notice.
Required Education, Training and Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Forklift training certification
· 3-5 years in warehouse forklift operation
Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
· Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
· Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
Tools and Equipment Used:
Forklift, pallet jack or trailer jack assembly