This job posting is no longer active.
Location: , Remote Canada, Canada
Job ID: 2019-16260
Job Title: Sourcing Operations Manager, CA
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently used one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Comprehensive extended health care plans for full-time Team Members
Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
A Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a generous company matching provision to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies
A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
The Sourcing Operations Manager reports to the Senior Manager, Green Drop Operations and is responsible for the execution and growth of all logistics activities in the Toronto marketplace, to include multiple GLD sites, area manager, attendants, truck drivers, warehouses, equipment, and associated support staff. Works with regional and local management to develop operating budgets and to develop and execute strategies to meet same. Partnering with all channels of supply to ensure timely collection and distribution of processed goods, GreenDrop donations, general supply zone and any general logistics related to the acquisition of supply or movement of product. Works with regional supply/sourcing management and area store management to ensure proper and timely flow of goods to the stores across the Toronto market. Recommends process improvements and supporting technologies. Reviews and recommends specifications for equipment and facilities. A successful candidate will also be able to drive a culture of superior customer service and operational efficiency in all GreenDrop locations as well as assisting the Senior Manager for GreenDrop Operations in building a model that is sustainable and can rapidly scale throughout North America. Lastly this candidate will ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies such as Transport Canada, Occupational Health and Safety or any other regulatory requirements.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Directly responsible for performance and safety of GD Locations and Supply Zone Management and Store Support.
· Managing warehouse, scheduling, and GreenDrop collections in the execution of delivery and storage of inventory to fully support the needs of the stores.
· Coaches and counsels’ employees for performance, in accordance with Savers Policies.
· Responsible for hiring and onboarding team members needed to support functional areas.
· Promote employee engagement to maximize employee performance and satisfaction. While executing established operational processes and procedures to achieve outstanding results
· Responsible for maintaining KPI’s and controlling financial detail and expenses. Including tracking, managing, and interpreting performance data, payroll, and metrics using company created reporting.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies as well as driver compliance.
· Ensure truck fleet, warehouse, GD Trailers, and equipment are maintained, repaired and always in safe and functional conditions. Prioritizing maintenance, safety, and security.
· Ability to create relationships with vendors, customers, and team members to advance and grow local markets.
· Knowledge and understanding of Green Drop activities, Sourcing, and Store needs, with an ability to provide training and support for your subordinate management and leadership team.
· Coordinating with local store managers and Regional Supply Chain Manager on supply and ensuring supply needs are met.
· Participates on department or companywide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrate management and leadership skills
· Must possess a high degree of integrity
· Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and instill these views to entire team
· Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and influence decisions
· Ability to be detail-oriented and to see the “Big Picture” acting as a business owner in a thrift industry
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills while interacting with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
· Skilled in planning, organization, priority management, and comfortable with working independently or as part of a team
· Ability to participate on and lead projects
· Working knowledge of hours of service and driver compliance
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Able to lift 50-70 lbs. repeatedly throughout the day
· Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as position and business needs dictate
· Ability to work within Savers Culture and maintain confidentiality of all information
· Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout island to conduct site visits
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
· High School degree or equivalent, college or related experience preferred
· Minimum 4-8 years supervisory and or management experience
· Background in Logistics, Warehousing and Customer Engagement preferred
· Inventory management experience, logistics, transportation, and marketing a plus
Tools and Equipment Used:
· Laptop, iPad, or computer
· Cell phone to communicate to employees and leadership team
· Equipment unique to transportation and warehousing to include pallet jacks, hand trucks, straps, scales
· Material handling equipment (OK carts) for storing and loading product
Other Information – training required:
· Savers company information
· Charity mission
· Product categories (soft, hard, FOLI)
· Product organization, handling and loading
· Administrative reporting.
· Up to 25% outside of market including ability to travel internationally (to United States)
· Daily within market
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
· Greater Toronto Area