Location: Regina, SK, Canada
Job ID: 2019-16276
Job Title: Store Manager
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
What you’ll be working on:
Responsible for the overall management and direction of the store and team in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations, and laws. Ensures financial results of the store, including sales, on-site donations (OSDs), expenses and profits, meet or exceed target. Have a constant focus on growing the business through full utilization of every OK, followed by increasing OK volume as appropriate. Achieves results through management team, as well as by working side-by-side, hands-on, with the broader store team. The SM role-models expected behavior and continually observes, assesses, trains, coaches, and counsels’ performance. The Store Manager is guided by the Savers Vision and Core Values.
Leadership and Development
Loss Prevention and Safety
Responsible for the overall management and direction of all supervisors and team members in accordance with Savers’ policies and applicable laws. This includes implementing and administering company programs, policies, and procedures. Able to make decisions and take reasonable action in the absence of the District Manager and/or corporate support to ensure successful store operation. Leverages regional resources as appropriate. Perform any other task, function or responsibility as instructed by their immediate supervisor and/or superior manager of the Company.
What you have:
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs. of force.
• Frequent reaching out in various levels/directions to inspect/handle merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
• Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms, merchandise & pricing inspection.
• Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending, and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to handle &/or inspect merchandise, validate work processes, train/coach/counsel the team.
• Frequently required to read written & electronic documents and product labels.
• Continuous need to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person and via intercom and telephone.
• Will occasionally be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
• Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, weekends, holidays.
• Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated and uneven surfaces, and heights, and moving forklifts.
• Frequent reaching to various levels and directions to move/stack boxes of product, move product on and off hangers, rails and carts and stock product on display racks/shelves.
• Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding and merchandise ticketing/movement activities.
• Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to stack and/or stock product(s) on display racks.
Travel: Will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
Location: 1230 Broad St Regina, SK S4R 1Y3
Value Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with a disability taking part in the interview and selection process.