Location: Kapolei, HI, Canada
Job ID: 2019-16562
Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
Supports Savers vision by assisting in the daily management of a regional domicile of truck drivers, equipment, Greendrop sites and associated support staff. At the direction of the LCM and Regional Manager, works with Sourcing and area store management to ensure proper and timely flow of goods to the stores in a given geography; may also be responsible for collecting donations for shipment to other areas of the country. Will also oversee a small warehouse with associated personnel and activities in support of product collection, storage and movement to stores. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies such as DOT, OSHA and DOL.
Essential Job Functions:
· Oversees daily Logistics and Greendrop site activities, including drivers dispatch, warehouse as required, and Greendrop site staffing per the operational plan and budget
· Responsible for the performance, productivity and safety of all Logistics and Greendrop employees per company policies and/or established standards
· Hire, train, coach and develop drivers and site attendants to ensure that they perform their duties diligently and in accordance with all TVI and Green Drop standard operating procedures, policies, and protocols.
· Oversees and directs the safety and training programs; responsible for enhancing regulatory compliance (DOT, FMCSA, OSHA)
· Oversees employee time & scheduling, forecasting and allocation,
· Investigates and follows up all accident and injury incidents
· Assists in ongoing communications with drivers and Greendrop Attendants on a group (e.g., weekly meetings) and individual basis
· Reviews daily driver route schedule and truck assignments
· Monitors key performance indicators tracking operational performance; recommends change to drive improvements in same
· Ensures accuracy and integrity of data collection and reporting as well as efficiency of overall operational data management systems
· Will be required to Supervise the warehouse staff in the execution and delivery of services
· Executes established operational processes and procedures to achieve outstanding results.
· Ensures facility maintenance and security.
· Participates on department or companywide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
· Safely maneuver and operates Non CDL commercial vehicles through residential streets, tights spaces and store parking areas while understanding local streets and neighborhoods.
· Complete daily residential routes picking up clothing, small/medium furniture and other household items (Items 1 person can carry) if there are driver call offs and replacement cannot be identified
· Work at a Greendrop site as a Site Attendant if there is a call out and a replacement cannot be identified.
· Complete product delivery to local stores
· Safely travel between Green Drop locations and logistics warehouse daily
Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability and experience in transportation, distribution or logistics (minimum 2 years experience preferred)
· Working knowledge of the assigned metro areas
· Must have prior driving experience, excellent knowledge of the roads in assigned area
· Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, State and Savers safety regulations and requirements
· Working knowledge of Logistics equipment
· Some knowledge of planning and optimizing truck routes, dispatching processes and procedures and of the supporting software for those processes in the Logistics industry
· Working knowledge of receiving and shipping procedures and methodology
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Excel
· Understanding of Key Performance Indicators within Logistics and distribution operations
· Working knowledge of CSA 2010
· Demonstrated planning and organization skills
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Demonstrated supervisory, management and leadership skills
· Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
· Ability to lead a diverse work group in a physical labor environment under pressure situations and time constraints.
· Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
· Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
· Ability to make or influence decisions
· Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
· Ability to participate on and lead projects
· Ability to work within Savers culture
· Ability to operate a 16’-26’ box truck
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent; college degree is bonus
· 2-3 years experience in transportation, distribution and/or logistics management
· 2-3 years experience in a supervisory or management role
· 21 years of age or older
· 2-3 years’ experience operating Non CDL commercial vehicles
· CDL is bonus, but not required
· 3-5 years clean driving record
· Have reliable transportation
· Willingness and ability to work week and weekend days as a regular part of the position schedule
· Ability to consistently/daily lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to consistently pull or push a pallet jack
· Ability to roll/weigh carts (as needed)
· Ability to get in/out of a 16’ box truck to tractor trailer safely consistently to complete daily workload
· Ability to knock/ring door bell at every stop to complete daily workload
Ability to stand for extended periods as well as the ability to work outside in varying weather conditions
Tools and Equipment Used:
· Laptop or desktop computer
· Transportation specific software
· Mapping devises and on-board computers
· Telephone / Cellular Phone
· Copy Machine
· Pallet jack, cellular phone, GPS, Rolling/Hand Carts
· 10 % or less
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
Savers is an eVerify employer