Regional People Services Manager
Who we are:
Value Village is a part of the Savers family of stores. We are a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Value Village (in Canada and the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec), Savers (in the U.S), Unique (in the U.S.) and Savers Australia.
Reporting to the People Services Director, Canada, the Regional People Services Manager (RPSM), Eastern Canada Region, is a strategic partner to the Regional Director. This person works with direct impact to the success of the region by optimizing profitable sales opportunities within the stores through organizational capability and active engagement. She/he will achieve results in partnership with the Regional Director, District Managers, Regional Resource Partners, and Recruiters. The RPSM’s primary responsibility is to strengthen the work environment, grow organizational capability, and build the leadership bench in their geographic assignment. They do so through a laser focus on recruiting and selection, talent and performance management, training, and team member engagement. The RPSM adds value by providing his/her unique and powerful perspective related to people, their capabilities and business operations. The Regional People Services Manager links his/her every action to strengthen organizational capabilities, fuel growth and drive financial results. He/she is guided by the Savers vision and core values.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfortable and adaptable to using technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in both written and spoken French and English.
- Superior organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong sense of self confidence, balanced by genuine humility, with the ability to respectfully challenge & influence up, down and sideways with a unique and powerful perspective.
- Strong desire to learn, observe, assess, and continuously seek ways to add value.
- Able to connect with others of diverse backgrounds, experiences, viewpoints and with the values and mission of the company, along with priorities of the region/district and HR Strategies.
- Recognized as a leader among peers, client group and others inside and outside the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years as a generalist/operator within a multi-location organization.
- Consistent track record of delivering key metrics, high level of energy, commitment, optimism and passion about the business and HR profession.
Physical Requirements and Equipment Used:
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry items weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding, writing on documents/forms
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending, and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to work with the team, assist customers, etc.
- Frequently required to read written & electronic documents.
- Continuously needs to hear and verbally communicate to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person, via intercom and telephone.
- Will rarely be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally; use of personal vehicle is required.
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Great benefits, paid training, career development, bonus opportunities, a competitive wage, and a 50% Team Member discount. Our Team is a great one, made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute. You’ll positively impact Team Members, Customers, Donors, Your Community, and the Environment.
Savers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Company.
Greater Montreal Area or Quebec City Preferred